Friday, February 03, 2006

Boston Biolab approved

The new Level 4 biolab at BU received federal approval yesterday. The facility will conduct biomedical research on agents of infectious disease such as anthrax and Ebola, and has been very controversial. Since my boss is the scientific director, I've seen a lot of the behind-the-scenes planning and protesting. I am fully supportive of the laboratory and I believe that it will provide scientists with a great opportunity to studies level 4 infectious diseases, many of which predominantly affect third-world populations. Hooray, science! I'm not looking forward to busting through lines of protesters on my way to work, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a coverup for military program for a new class of biological weapons to me.