Thursday, October 19, 2006

Restaurant Review: Orinoco

Caro and I recently translated a medical document and got paid $100 for our (well, 98% Carolina's) labor. We used the money to treat ourselves to a nice dinner at Orinoco, a Venezuelan restaurant in the South End. The food was fantastic! I tried the mahi-mahi and a polvorosa de pollo, which was like a puff pastry filled with chicken and vegetables. Both were delicious, and the mahi mahi came with a side of shredded beef, which seemed a bit odd, but it was mmmmm so good. If I go again (and I probably will), I'll definitely get a shredded beef dish.

Overall, the experience was extremely positive, but there's always a down side. In this case:
- No Venezuelan beers on the menu. What gives?
-The restaurant is very small and crowded, and the waiters are a bit too quick to clear your plate, so you can't help but feel a little rushed. I hate that.
-Portion sizes are on the small size, but maybe that's because I'm used to eating at the likes of the Ground Round.
- No Hugo Chavez sightings, but high potential for jokes involving devils remains.
- All the hot guys in the place are probably gay.

1 comment:

tomdog said...

Hugo Chavez sightings! LOL!!