Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My evolving feelings towards winter

Friday: Hooray, snowstorm! Everyone gets to leave early from work! I can't wait to go home and watch movies all night as the snow falls outside.

Saturday: It's so pretty outside! You know, I almost feel bad for my sister and her husband who live in San Diego. Snow days are great!

Sunday: It's still snowing? And what is up with this freezing rain and slushy mix?

Monday: I should probably move my car, but I just can't muster the will to dig it out from its frozen tomb. I guess I won't be driving anywhere for a few days.

Tuesday: Fuck, it's cold. Winter, I hate you.

Unrelated, but here's your feel-good link of the day: a British physics professor has invented eyeglasses that can be adjusted to the wearer's prescription without the aid of an optician. The goal is to distribute them to them to the world's poorest populations: "The implications of bringing glasses within the reach of poor communities are enormous, says the scientist. Literacy rates improve hugely, fishermen are able to mend their nets, women to weave clothing." Pretty cool, eh? It's so cold I'm turning Canadian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fucking cold now; totally agree with your feelings towards winter..and yet, it is supposed to be rainy and 50 on Christmas Eve (at least here in NYC). So much for a white christmas!

eileen said...

yeah, slushy Christmas it is!